QRPGuys is an organization of hams that offer budget and unique ham radio kits.
Our specialty will be low cost, high enjoyment kits for the builder that can be assembled in an evening or two. The criteria for our kit designs, are items that are unique in some way, combine features not normally seen, low in cost, and provide satisfaction in completion. Our kits are individually rated in difficulty from easy to build, to ones that require expanded skills. We lean towards board only projects, however if an enclosure is indicated, we will provide directions for a homemade option in PCB material, or an inexpensive commercial alternative. Complete, detailed, illustrated manuals are always available on this website as .pdf’s for each product. We are always open to suggestions, and many of the kits we provide have originated from user designs.
We encourage the experimentation, modification, and improvement of all our products to advance the art of ham radio. In almost all our projects, the documentation provides board layouts, parts lists, schematics, and firmware for anyone to build our products from scratch if they desire.
To view our products use the drop down product menus at the top of this page. To place an order, click the “Add to Cart” button on the product description page. For iOS users, clicking on the menu categories at the top will also bring up a separate page that individual product description pages can be picked from a list.
Shipping policy and customer notifications:
1. We ship to the address you have on file with PayPal, unless you specify otherwise. Please enter the address in English script, as the USPS may misinterpret and send in error. Please verify your address with PayPal before ordering.
2. Your PayPal receipt is your notification that we have received your order.
3. Stock availability and shipping volume can delay shipping.
4. How our shipping process works:
- A shipping label is created, PayPal sends you a notice.
- We pull the order, depending on available stock and backlog in the order of receipt.
- We hand deliver it to the post office, and PayPal sends another notice when it’s received by the post office, and you can track the progress. Once it is in the hands of USPS, you have the same access to tracking as we do.
- Be aware, International USPS tracking numbers are notoriously difficult to track as destination country customs may not update the status during their process.
- Covid related delays are common, especially with international shipments.
5. We do not sell our products on AliExpress, eBay, Walmart, or Amazon. They even use our logo and website address for documentation, but any vendor products you see there, are counterfeit.
We ship product via First Class U.S.P.S., once a week, domestic and international to all countries except Italy and Korea. Shipping rates are Domestic $6 USD + $1 for each additional item, Canada $15 USD + $1 USD for each additional item, All other international $18 USD + $2 USD for each additional item. Shipping is automatically calculated before you check out.
For devices that cannot use our drop down menus, try the pages listed below for viewing the products.
Keyers, Trainers, and Misc. CW products
For inquiries use: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ken LoCasale (WA4MNT) – mechanical design, pc board layout, documentation, website maintenance
Doug Hendricks (KI6DS) – beta testing, kitting, shipping
Steve Weber (KD1JV) – circuit design, firmware contributor, email@example.com
Kazuhisa “Kazu” Terasaki (AG6NS) – firmware contributor
Yin Shih (N9YS) – technical assistance, beta builder
Dan Tayloe (N7VE) – circuit design
John Stevens (K5JS) – website assistance
Cliff Donley (K8TND) – circuit design